We use so many passwords for different accounts today. It’s natural to get mixed up and sometimes even forget iPhone passcodes. It’s no surprise that one of the most searched questions online are of people asking, “Is there any way to unlock iPhone passcode without losing data?”
Well, the short answer is, yes, there are methods you can use. This is going to be the core focus of this piece. Without further ado, let’s find out more.
Note – We are not responsible for data loss.
Some methods may erase all your mobile data like contacts, image songs and apps etc
Real Methods to Unlock Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Passcode without Losing Data
There are a couple of ways to unlock your iPhone passcode without losing the saved data. In this section, we are going to explore three tested methods.
1. Using iTunes (If You Have iTunes Backup)
In this method, you must have first backed up your iPhone’s data to iTunes. This will enable you to restore data, once the iPhone passcode – along with the device – is wiped, using the latest backup. After completing the process, you will be asked to pick a new passcode. All you need to carry out this method are a passcode-locked iPhone, lightning cable, and a computer where iTunes are backed up. Here’s a detailed breakdown.
1. Use the lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your computer and then launch iTunes. If asked for a passcode, reboot your phone while still connected to the computer.
2. On the iTunes window, select your iPhone and then click on Restore Backup.
3. Next window brings up a series of backups. Pick the most recent and click Restore. Should you be asked for a password, provide the one for your encrypted backup.
4. You may be asked to switch off ‘Find My iPhone’. At this point, you will need to initiate Recovery Mode. This is how you do it:
- iPhone 8, iPhone X, or newer: Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up + Side Button
- iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold Volume Down + Side Button
- iPhone 6s and older: Press and hold Home + Top (Side) Button
5. Keep holding the buttons until you see the Recovery Mode screen as the picture shows below.
6. A restore message will pop up on iTunes, click Restore and Update and let the process complete. Or you also try restore iPhone without updating in Recovery Mode
7. The iPhone will restart. Make sure it remains connected up until the sync completes, and then you may disconnect. Voila!
2. Using iCloud (If You Have iCloud Backup)
In order for this to work, certain preconditions must have been set initially. They are as follows:
- Enable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Set iCloud backup
- A strong Wi-Fi
- A lightning cable
- A computer with iTunes
Then let’s go over the step-by-step process.
Use the lightning cable to connect your iPhone to the computer with iTunes.
- Initiate Recovery Mode on your iPhone. (Refer to the method 1 on how to do this)
- Click Restore and Update and follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest iOS version. Let the process complete.
- If prompted for Apple ID and password, provide them. You should expect a few reboots during the process.
- Once complete, set up your iPhone as if it is a new device, following the on-screen instructions along the way.
- When you reach the backup stage on your iPhone, tap Restore from iCloud back.
- When you reach the backup stage on your iPhone, tap Restore from iCloud back.
- then select your latest backup, and click Restore. This may take a while; therefore, just wait for it to complete. Ensure the Wi-Fi signal is strong throughout this process.
- Once the process is complete, your data is restored.
3. Contact Apple Support (If You Don’t Have Backup)
In case you had not previously backed up your data, we advise you to contact Apple Support for further advice. The above methods only work if you had already backed up your iPhone’s data. Please be aware this may cost you hundreds of dollars.
Other Possible Methods to Unlock Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Passcode without Losing Data
There are other methods you can use to unlock iPhone passcode without losing data that are not necessarily directly provided by Apple. So, it’s not a guarantee that they will always work; however, they are still worth trying.
1. Using Siri to Bypass Locked Screen
Since Apple is regularly updating its iOS in order to fix security loopholes, this method only works on iOS 8.0 to 10.3. With that in mind, below is a step-by-step explanation on how to use Siri to unlock your iPhone’s passcode.
- Press the Home button a few times until Siri activates.
- Make a random request to Siri, (for example, set a reminder with Siri) so that it may respond. This response is key to initiating the unlocking process.
- On the screen, you will see your reminder. Press and hold until Select All appears. Click on it.
- Next, share through messages. When the message screen appears, type anything on the To field and the go back.
- Next, click the “+” symbol and select Create New Contact.
- Click Add Photo and go to your gallery. Scroll through your gallery and then tap the Home button.
- Your iPhone will now be unlocked.
2. Try to Backup without Unlocking Screen
This method is worth trying when you have meet the following requrements:
- To backup your iPhone with a locked screen, you need to find a computer that has synced this iPhone before. With iOS 11.4 and earlier, you can try to backup it with your iTunes directly.
- If your iPhone is iOS 11.4.1 or later, you have to make sure the “USB Accessories” is on.
Then connect your iPhone with PC via a USB cable, use iTunes to backup your iPhone and restore it with the method 1.
3. Using Make Noerase IPSW (An Unauthentic Way)
Maybe you have heard this program called Make Noerase IPSW. It is said that it supports iOS 10 and below. We have tested for you that it can NOT unlock your iPhone successfully. Just give it up and don’t waste your time.
Apple Days sale: Check offers, prices, other discount deals
- A brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max may be purchased at a discounted price of Rs 1,23,400 during the Apple Days sale. Holders of HDFC bank cards are eligible for an extra discount.
- During the Vijay Sales Apple Days sale in India, the iPhone 13 Pro was reduced to Rs 1,13,900.
- The 128GB edition of the iPhone 13 is available in India at a discounted price of Rs 75,900. The iPhone 13, which normally costs Rs 79,900, can now be purchased for Rs 75,900.
- In addition to the Rs 4,000 discount on the iPhone 13, HDFC Bank cardholders will receive an additional Rs 6,000 discount.
- During the sale, the Apple iPhone 13 mini is available at a discounted price of Rs 66,400 until December 31.
- During the Vijay Sales Apple Days deal, the Apple iPhone 12 was reduced to Rs 61,299 in India. Holders of HDFC bank cards will also receive a discount on the iPhone 12.
- Apple iPhone 11 can be bought at Rs 47,400 during the Vijay Sales Apple Days sale till New Year’s Eve. Besides this, you will further get an additional Rs 4,000 off on transactions made using HDFC Bank Cards.
- Aside from Apple phones, the price of the iPad in India dropped dramatically during the sale. The Apple iPad 9th generation is available in India through Vijay Sales for Rs Rs 29,900. There will be an additional discount of Rs 3000 for HDFC Bank members.
- Apple iPad Air price in India: The Apple iPad Air is currently available for Rs 50,900. To get a better deal on an iPad Air, use your HDFC Bank card to make the purchase and get Rs 4,000 off.
- iPad Pro price in India: The Apple iPad Pro is available for Rs 67,500 until New Year’s Eve during the Vijay Sales Apple Days event. In addition, transactions made with HDFC Bank debit and credit cards would save you an additional Rs 4,000.
- Apple Watch Series 7 price in India: The Apple Watch Series 7, which was originally priced at Rs 41,900, is now available for Rs 39,100. For transactions made with HDFC Bank debit and credit cards, you will also receive an additional Rs 3,000 savings on Apple smartwatch for iPhone.
- AirPods in India: During the sale, the AirPods 3rd Gen may be purchased at a discounted price of Rs 17,300. HDFC Bank cardholders will receive a Rs 2,000 extra discount.
- Apple Watch SE price in India: During the sale, the Apple Watch Series 6 is available at a reduced price of Rs 25,900. A rebate offer of Rs 2,000 is also included in the package.
- Apple MacBook Air M1 price in India: During the Vijay Sales Apple Days event, the price of an Apple MacBook Air M1 in India decreased to Rs 83,610. Holders of HDFC bank cards will also receive a discount on the iPhone 12. The base 256GB variant of the Apple MacBook Air M1 was launched in India for Rs 92,900.